100 Basic Computer Questions and Answers for Competitive exam
In this blog ( Basic Computer Questions and Answers for Competitive exam ) you will get 100 question of computer. It is very basic and good for competitive exams, like RRB, NTPC, UPP and many more.
So go through our Basic Computer Questions and Answers blog and be expert in computer fundamental.
- Faulty inputs lead to faulty results. It is known as GIGO.
- GIGO stands for Garbage In Garbage Out
- The capacity to perform multiple tasks simultaneously is termed as Versatility
- A computer does not suffer from tiredness and lack of concentration. It is known as Diligence.
- First Generation computers used Vacuum tubes for Circuitry and Magnetic drum for memory.
- Second Generation computers were based on Transistor.
- FLOPS stands for Floating Point Operation Per Second.
- Which language was used to program Second Generation computers?
- EDSAC stands for Electronic Delay Storage Automatic Computer.
Instructions and data can be stored in the memory of Computer for automatically directing the flow of operations. It is called Stored program concept.
- “Stored Program” concept was developed by Von Neumann.
- Electronic Discrete Variable Automatic Computer (EDVAC) was designed on Stored program concept.
- It was a small experimental machine based on Neumann’s stored program concept? Manchester Mark I
- Third Generation computers were based on IC.
- In EDSAC, an addition operation was completed in 1500 micro seconds.
- ULSI stands for Ultra Large Scale Integration.
- IC is made up of Transistor.
- Father of modern computer Alan Turing
The word length of Microcomputers lies in the range between 8 and 32 bit.
The fastest and most expensive computer is Super Computer.
Important computer questions for competitive exams
- A Dumb terminal does not process or store data.
- Desktop and Personal computers are also known as Micro Computer.
- Graphical terminals are divided into two types. They are vector mode and raster mode.
Who coined the term “Artificial Intelligence”? John McCarthy
Artificial Neural Network (ANN) is a computational model based on the structure of biological neural networks.
A neural network in which the signal passes in only one direction is called Feed forward Neural Network.
Deep neural network is an artificial neural network with multiple hidden layers between the input and output layers?
The most famous Recurrent Neural Network is Hopfield net.
Radial Basis Function (RBF) networks have Thre layers.
The chip used in computers, is made of Silicon.
- Fourth Generation computers were based on Microprocessors.
- The first computer language developed was FORTRAN.
- The first calculator that can perform all four arithmetic operations (Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division) was known as Step Reckoner.
- The first computer spreadsheet program was Visicalc.
- VDU stands for Visual Display Unit.
- Herman Hollerith developed a machine called Tabulating Machine.
- Electronic Delay Storage Automatic Computer(EDSAC) was invented by John Von Neumann.
3. ISP stands for Instruction Set Processor.
The decoded instruction is stored in Instruction Register(IR).
The most frequently used instructions of a computer program are likely to be fetched from Cache.
Basic computer questions with answers
- The primary aim of computer process is to convert the data into information.
- The main circuit-board of the system unit is Mother Board.
- ALU and Control Unit have special purpose locations called Registers.
- The communication line between CPU memory and Peripherals is called a Bus.
1. A communication system that transfers data between the components inside a computer or between computers is called Bus.
A bus that connects a computer to Peripheral devices is called External Bus.
External Bus is also referred as Expansion Bus.
The Command to access the memory or the I/O device is carried by Control Bus.
A computer bus that is used to specify a Physical address? Address Bus.
A bus that transfer data from one component to another or between computers is called Data Bus.
- RISC stands for Reduced Instruction Set Computer.
- Accumulator is a register for Short-term, intermediate storage of arithmetic and logic data in a Computer’s CPU.
- Instruction set is a group of commands for a CPU in machine language.
- Von Neumann Architecture is a Single Instruction Single Data(SISD).
- Programming that actually controls the path of signals or data within computer is called Micro Programming.
- CISC stands for Complex Instruction Set Computer.
- The register which holds the address of the location to or from which data are to be transferred is known as Memory Address Register.
- An interrupt can be temporarily ignored by the counter is called Maskable Interrupt.
- The computer performs all mathematical and logical operations inside its Central Processing Unit.
- The circuit used to store one bit of data is known as Flip Flop.
100 computer questions and answers pdf
- The control unit controls other units by generating control and Timing signals.
- Which of the following bus structure is usually used to connect I/O devices? Single bus
- An interface that provides I/O transfer of data directly to and form the memory unit and peripheral is termed as Direct Memory Access (DMA)
- A basic instruction that can be interpreted by computer generally has An operand and an address
- The load instruction is mostly used to designate a transfer from memory to a processor register known as Accumulator
- The communication between the components in a microcomputer takes place via the address and Data bus
- The operation executed on data stored in registers is called Micro-operation
- When necessary, the results are transferred from the CPU to main memory by Shift registers.
- A group of bits that tell the computer to perform a specific operation is known as Instruction code
- The average time required to reach a storage location in memory and obtain its contents is called Access time.
- The addressing mode which makes use of in-direction pointers is Indirect addressing mode
- The method of accessing the I/O devices by repeatedly checking the status flags is Program-controlled I/O
- The process where in the processor constantly checks the status flags is called as Polling
- The branch logic that provides decision making capabilities in the control unit is known as unconditional transfer
- Interrupts that are initiated by an instruction are software
- Interrupts which are initiated by an I/O drive are external
- Content of the program counter is added to the address part of the instruction in order to obtain the effective address is called relative address mode.
- A register capable of shifting its binary information either to the right or the left is called a shift register.
The pattern of printed lines on most products are called bar codes
MICR stands for Magnetic Ink Character Recognition
Computer basic questions and answers pdf
- The OCR recognises the Shape of the characters with the help of light source.
- USB refers to a port type
- A joystick is primarily used to/for computer gaming
- The Display may also be called the screen or monitor.
- What type of devices are computer speakers or headphones? Output
- A parallel port is most often used by Printer
- External devices such as printers, keyboards and modems are
- known as Peripherals
- The higher the resolution of a monitor, the closer together the pixels.
- In laser printers, printing is achieved by deflecting laser beam on to Photosensitive
- The rate at which scanning is repeated in a CRT is called Refresh rate
- An example of peripheral equipment is Printer
- Trackball is an example of a/an Pointing device
- First Computer mouse was built by Douglas Engelbart
- The transfer of data from a CPU to peripheral devices of computer is achieved through I/O Ports
- A thin plate or board that contains electronic components is called Circuit Board
- A Scanner is used to create a digital representation of a printed document or photograph.
- LCD stands for Liquid Crystal Display
- In OCR processing, When a character is recognized, it is converted into ASCII code.
- TFT stands for Thin Film Transistor